About Me

I am a homeschool christian mom of a 9 year old daughter Lauren and have a 4 year old son Noah. I have a very supportive husband Mike who helps with homeschooling whenever he can. I have been diagnosed with a muscle disease and two autoimmune diseases and sometimes this can make a homeschool day very crazy. Because of this we don't have typical days and no two days are ever alike.

LAUREN AND NOAH

LAUREN AND NOAH

Thursday, August 14, 2008

First blog

We are a 2nd year homeschooling family and this year are going to be using the My Father's World Curriculum. My daughter Lauren is 7 and so we are going to be starting Adventures. I am very new to this curriculum but am excited to try all the new things with Lauren. I also have a 2 and a half year old Noah who is quite the handful. I am interested to see how everything will come together each day as we do this curriculum. For language and math I am using Abeka, but I am very seriously thinking about switching our language to Primary Language Lessons. Anyone have any thoughts on what has worked well for them? Since I am a homeschool mom, I am very busy each day but I will try and blog everyday about what is going on in our "school".
I can't wait to get started.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! :) It gets addicting. :)

We are on week 8 of Adventures, and I just this week started my two oldest on PLL. They both love it.

Anonymous said...

Jessica from TriviumAcademy.blogspot.com has recently switched to PLL and the child begs to do it! It must be really good!

Unknown said...

I have found that generally what the Hazells recommend is a great choice to follow. Since we're doing 1st Grade we haven't gotten to PLL uyet, but we will be using it.

Happy blogging!